Called as ‘Moonga’ in hindi, Drumstick is a long slender dark-green, three-sided, edible seedpods with tapering ends. Each pod measures about 6-18 inches in length, with constrictions at the seed nodes giving them a typical drumstick appearance.
Inside, each pod features fleshy pulp and round pea-sized seed encased inide a wing-shaped coat (hull).
These long, slender pods are tricky for those not brought up to eat them. The only portion consumed is the soft, almost jelly-like interior in which the seeds are embedded.
Look for smooth, greenish skin on the pods. While most drumsticks have
slight bumps indicating where the seeds are, avoid those which have pronounced
bumps and attenuated spaces in between.
Drumsticks are recognized to have a great content of Vitamin C, large quantities of iron and calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sulphur. However calcium is higher in leaves than pods.
It is rich in Vitamin B, B2 &C and contains lots of aminoacids which is building block. Pods has 26 Kcal per 100 gm.
· Drumsticks are known for their high nutrition content and almost all the parts of the plants have therapeutic value.
· Drumstick soups are good chest congestions, sore throats and coughs.
· Asthma and such other lung problems can be cured to a great extent by inhaling the steam of water, in which drumsticks have been boiled
· Regular usage of drumstick during pregnancy provides the child with sufficient calcium, iron and other minerals. It also puts off chances of any kind of complications later on during the pregnancy
· Drumstick is helps in functional sterility in both men and women.
· Drumstick soup greatly helps to prevent infections of the skin, chest and throat.
· The plant has vital anti-bacterial properties, which are very much similar to penicillin and other antibiotics.
· Fresh drumstick are an excellent sources of vitamin-C. 100 g of pods contain 145 µg or 235% of daily-required levels of vitamin C.
· Drumsticks contain high amounts of calcium, iron and vitamins that help in strengthening bones.
· The leaves and pods of this green vegetable posses blood purifying properties and it also acts as a potent antibiotic agent.
· Drumstick leaves significantly reduce the blood glucose levels in the body and help in controlling diabetes.
· It acts as an effective natural remedy to fight against lung diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and tuberculosis.
· Drumstick leaves and pods are loaded with B complex vitamins (such as niacin, riboflavin, folic acid and pyridoxine), which are said to play a vital role in digestion.
· The presence of good amounts of zinc in drumsticks is found to enhance the process of spermatogenesis along with playing a key role in female sterility.
· It enhances the vision of eye additionally clears the toxins through the retina that boosts the lifetime of retina.
Drumstick may be stored, wrapped in paper or plastic bag, in the crisper
drawer of the refrigerator for a day or two, but like most vegetables, the
sooner they are consumed the better they will taste.
- Product Code: 160413
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: Rs.0.00